10.18.2010

Custom Wand Showcase

Here's a sneak peek of what I've been working on lately (watch for some of them in my Etsy shop soon):



The wands showcased here represent custom orders. Due to the extra work and materials involved, I cannot offer this type of piece at my usual pricing. If you are interested in something similar, email me for a quote.

My second showcase wand was inspired by Luna Lovegood's movie wand. The acorns and oak leaves were drawn free hand and also carved by hand.



My first showcase wand was inspired by Voldemort's movie wand. It was carved from a 2 inch by 2 inch block of wood. Here it is after carving is complete:


After conditioning the wood, I painted this wand by hand with two tones of enamel gloss paint and one tone of acrylic:


After antiquing:


The finished product, in a custom green snakeskin box with black velvet cushion:

1 comment:

Inappropriate comments will not be posted. Please show respect.